View Single Post
Old 11-22-2012, 08:23 AM   #7
Gordon

Another unhappy user here. I think I have the same problem.

I have the same set up as Casshern ie. HP Windows 7 PC -[USB3]-> Lindy 43171 Displaylink-[displayport]->passive displayport to female minidisplayport adaptor->Apple 27" LED Cinema display monitor.

Displayport software up to date at v 7.0M2

When I plug in the monitor nothing happens - the display remains off. I think Casshern may be correct, the displaylink device just does not send the correct hot-plug signals to turn the monitor on

The monitor works just fine plugged into the PC's internal displayport using the passive displayport to female minidisplayport adaptor, so I know that both of those components are working properly.

I too spent a lot of money on this set up and am extremely disappointed. In fact, doubly so as I actually bought 2 monitors and 2 displaylink adaptors.

Please, please can someone at Displaylink bump this up the priority list? If Displaylink cannot make the adaptor/chipset work with one of the best selling WQXGA displays on the market then I have serious questions regarding the validity of the claim that the chipset really does support 2560x1600...
Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote