View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 03:00 PM   #27
rektide

Default Spit in our eyes why don't you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
In the meantime, if linux OS support for hotpluggable monitors using our USB 2.0 technology gets better, it would help to incentivise USB 3.0 support!
Your USB2.0 technology it already works perfectly in many multi-seat uses, thank you very much. There's no need to improve it for many people, and it's mudslinging to tell us to work your product harder when it already does work and is enjoyed.

That said, huge amounts of work have been poured into very modern reworks, namely systemd's multiseat configuration. If that doesnt incentivize you, motivate you, I have no hope anything will. Your post seems to confirm that I ought not have any hope for DisplayLink caring about Linux or open source, and you seem unaware of the work that is being invested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
Sorry to disappoint - we can't promise USB 3.0 compatibility with linux any time soon.
You tell us to plug in more monitors, yet the only OS which supports multi-seat in a serious way you do not support, do not release any docs for, have out and out told us you are going to ignore.

Good luck to you. I- we all here- wish you cared, wish we could use your products, in a massive way no one else ever will have interest in, but you've said you don't care about us, and won't do anything to help us.
----

DisplayLink: