View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 09:55 AM   #25
gazpel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
Sorry to disappoint - we can't promise USB 3.0 compatibility with linux any time soon. In the meantime, if linux OS support for hotpluggable monitors using our USB 2.0 technology gets better, it would help to incentivise USB 3.0 support!

We have many products available which should allow an X1 to have extra screens, just not USB 3.0 currently.
Bummer. Your website still states that linux support for usb3 is coming 'in the near future' though (but it's been that way for more than 6 months now):

Quote:
The DL-3000 series currently supports recent Windows platforms including Windows Multipoint Server 2010/2011, with support for Apple Mac OS and Linux scheduled in the near future.
My current impression is that you estimate a very low demand for a linux solution and thus do not put any resources behind it. I kind of like the Idea to use crowdfunding to solve this.

Also, did you reach out to the linux community to ask for improvements/help? With the advent of Ultrabooks with usb3.0 i acutally see some demand, especially for the road-warrior/developer type which is typically also found among linux developers.

Last edited by gazpel; 01-14-2013 at 09:58 AM.