View Single Post
Old 08-27-2015, 08:42 PM   #25
guerrierk

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuguy909 View Post
Thank you for the help. I do, however, want to identify the changes in your script in the Debian driver install that makes this process work in the Debian 8.1 driver install thread. I worked through a lot of steps, but I always hit a challenge at the next level. First it was the kernel header problem, Debian uses Makefile instead of Zbuild, that was easy enough, a simple symbolic link fixed that. Then there was the problem with the systeminitdaemon, which you found that there needed to be a systemd entry in the script because DisplayLink only supports Ubuntu setup at the moment. Then there was a problem with the blacklist, my system looked like it was doing everything correctly, but your configuration does it differently. I guess the overall process I did myself just wouldn't work for me. I just want to be sure, for the record, that everyone who reads this or my thread, they understand the overall process and what needs to be accomplished to get the driver working just in case they can't download a simple script.
About the linux headers problem, I have modified the test in the script : it was a Kbuild file that was tested, but the path is different on debian and ubuntu. So I test if the package linux-headers for the current kernel is installed.

I have modified the check_distro method to set correctly the init daemon on debian.

I have added the blacklist udlfb module too.

At this time, the driver is correctly installed and is usable.

The configuration must be done manually by xrandr and the screen configuration in settings panel...

So the next steps are to load dynamically the displaylink service and set the new provider automatically (and maybe activate the screen at the left of current screen...)
guerrierk is offline   Reply With Quote