View Single Post
Old 10-09-2009, 09:11 PM   #9
jrherita

Default Let's Give Displaylink some slack

Hey guys, I have a few of these displaylink adapters in use, two for work, and now a third i use occasionally 'for play'.

For work, they're used at home and in the office where I add a third monitor to my dell laptop which it wouldn't otherwise support.. (the E-Series laptop doesn't have a dock with pci slot option available).

Now.. moving forward. I am fooling around with a 6 monitor setup now, 3 via Radeon 5870, 2 via Geforce 6200, and I was hoping the sixth was via a Displaylink adapter. Obviously it doesn't work.

I'd say out of the market for displayports, maybe 5-10% of us actually have dual graphics cards AND want additional monitors. Those that need more monitors (i.e. engineers) are going to use high end graphics cards that support all kinds of displays..

So I'd say I'm happy to see displaylink has several revisions of a driver for Windows 7 before it's out (that's better than many other vendors), but it would be REALLY NICE if Displaylink had a multi graphic card driver working.

I would like to ask displaylink if we could get put on a mailing list for when this support becomes available?

Thanks,
John