View Single Post
Old 09-22-2009, 02:54 PM   #3
jacklam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffen View Post
I keep checking the release notes with each new release for Windows 7 and each time I get disappointed...does not work with dual graphics cards.
Just came back from holiday, hoping to see a driver which can be used in combination with multiple video cards. But unforunately, the new RC driver still doesn't support it.

Could someone at Displaylink (Seb?) please inform us what the problem is?

When I install the drivers for my videocards, 2 Ati Radeon 4870's) I need the Ati Catalyst Control Center to switch Crossfire on and off (off setting to accomplish my three monitor setup). However, after I install the new Displaylink driver, I get an arror that the Ati Catalyst Control center is not supported by the Displaylink software (why should it be?), and consequently refuses to work completely, with one of the problems being that my second video card isn't detected by the Ati Catalyst Control, thus preventing me from using my three monitors. My Mimo 740 Displaylink does work however.

After uninstalling the Displaylink drivers and software all Ati software starts to work again, as are my three monitors, but no Mimo ofcourse.

My question to you: why are you interfering with the working of videocards and software which you shouldn't even touch?

Or is there something I am completely missing here? An answer from your position would be greatly appreciated. In any case, any answer, even a negative one, is better than no answer at all, and might help relieving the growing sense of frustration I am experiencing right now.

Thanks in advance, Jack