View Single Post
Old 12-04-2014, 04:04 PM   #10
big89e

Default same issue, eventually fixed

I had teh exact same issue but eventually got it fixed. Started two days ago when I plugged in after 10 days of not being attached to a dock. Tried uninstalling/reinstalling the 7.7M2 DisplayLink driver several times but that did not do the trick. Also tried with a differente Plugable device and a different dock and still didnt' fix it (basically i was able to trace it down to it being my Surface 3, not the dock, nor the specific displaylink device). I have 3 monitors, one through displayport, the other two through displaylink.

What did fix it was that i upgraded my Intel display driver. I was going to just uninstall/reinstall, then saw there was a new driver available. As soon as it finished installing, the monitors came back on. Been working for the past hour. The link below is where i found out about the new driver--apparently it's not available yet through windows update.

http://www.winbeta.org/news/surface-...nt-performance

Quote:
. To install these on a surface pro 3 you need to download and extract the zip file from Intel.

https://downloadcenter.intel.c...

2. Then you need to go to your device manager (windows-x) and expand the "Display Adapters" and right click on "Intel HD graphics 5000" and choose "Update Driver Software"

3. Next select "Browse my computer for driver software"

4. Next select "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer"

5. Next select "Have disk"

6. Now browse to the extracted zip folder from intel (WIN64_15363) and go into the "Graphics" sub folder

7. Select kit64ib.inf and open it

8. Then select "Ok"

The driver should then install.

If the driver doesn't install or says it is up to date or something you will need to uninstall the old driver first (back before you choose to update the driver in step 2) and check the box to delete the driver files from the computer. I am not sure if this step is needed but I always delete my old drivers first so it might be.
big89e is offline   Reply With Quote