View Single Post
Old 05-03-2014, 02:18 AM   #3
BillATS

You were spot-on about the network stack. Just so happens today I was having a ton of trouble using the USB Ethernet adapter on my Surface tablet and ended up having to do a netsh winsock reset to fix it. When I tried the docking station on the Venue again tonight, it got me thinking, so I double checked the ipconfig and noticed even though my gateway was there, it wasn't explicitly listing as my dns server, so I opened network adapter properties and thought to try manually configuring. Lo and behold when I try to open properties for tcp/ip, I get an error: "in order to configure this you must first install and enable a network adapter". Same error I was getting on my Surface earlier. So I ran the reset command and rebooted and now it's working. Weird that I would receive the same error on 2 different devices, both using USB emulation for virtual NICs, but if that hadn't happened earlier, not sure I ever would have thought to try that. Anyway, my bad. You guys are spot on. My fault for not paying more attention before I made this post. But hopefully if this happens to someone else it'll help give them an idea what else to try. Thanks for the reply.
BillATS is offline   Reply With Quote