View Single Post
Old 08-08-2019, 06:14 PM   #6
iionas

Default dGPU is hotter/clock is higher since I upgraded to Windows 10 19H1 v1903

Hi Guys and girls,

Ive done some scouting and Ive found myself here.

I have a Acer Predator H300 with a i7700hq / GTX1060, tweaked for cool temps to allow as much use as possible out of the hardware including a liquid metal application. So belive me, without the dock, its VERY cool.

Bought one of these docks as i need t power multiple monitors (mostly just one external).

The dock is used in an Autocad Enviroment 90% of the time with some light browsing and sometimes gaming.

So Today I formatted 3 times to be completely sure of my result.

So, laptop formatted no display link, functioning temperatures normal and very low.

I installed the station and drivers, at first temps normal but as I start to work or do anything temps start to rise to a point where if im saving an Autocad Drawing thats heavier with more xrefs due to the dock it spikes and rises to 75-80 deg. This is not normal. I tested this in another scenario without the dock and the temps dont even compare.

I installed and tried every driver available, no dice. I also reformatted 3 times to try and replicate this issue, to make sure it was nothing else, Like I said, laptop is undervolted and tweaked and lm applied.

im running the latest build of 1903. Now. in the past with 1703/1709 I did not have any issues even say up to 1809 I did not have issues, temps were always decent while working with it. Now its just a pain.

Windows driver foundation pops up straight after a reboot also, Replicated this 3 times over with the same result.

What ive also noticed if it affects cpu clock modulation speeds where it keeps the cpu pegged at full clock speeds without doing anything. Again once dock is removed and not used, behaiviour is normal.

Device is under 11 months old.

Some help / Guidance would be appreciated if possible.

Thanks for reading my rant!
iionas is offline   Reply With Quote