View Single Post
Old 04-06-2020, 01:49 PM   #29
jshrvs

Thanks tannum99 - I have just installed the driver you recommended to see if it helps resolve my issue as well. I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and solution, especially given DisplayLink's lack of response and resolution of the issue.

I have been working with Plugable on this issue, and must say that their support has been great. They believe this issue is uncommon, but affects a number of DisplayLink-based docking stations with a few different DisplayLink chipsets. From what I understand, DisplayLink has been made aware of the issue but has not released a fix, and may basically be ignoring the issue because they don't consider it to be common enough to be a priority.

For anyone else experiencing the issue, please help to escalate this by raising a fuss! For me, this driver crash occasionally causes my laptop to crash and reboot as well. I'll likely end up having to return my docking station, as losing work due to a crashing laptop is not acceptable.

I have been using DisplayLink devices for probably 7 or 8 years now, and have upgraded as each new chipset has been released. I am disappointed that I am forced to backtrack to my older DisplayLink hardware, or to look for a more reliable multi-monitor solution now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tannum99 View Post
They are ignoring. See my previous post. Basically I have proved this is a driver issue. The silence is deafening !
Have you tried my workaround ?
Go to HP website for latest HP drivers. Install that driver, then prevent Windows driver updates.
Worked for me !