View Single Post
Old 05-29-2013, 06:01 AM   #14
uboel

Default Dell XPS, Kensington USB 3.0 Docking Station with Dual DVI/HDMI/VGA Video (sd3500v)

Hi,

Some time ago, I bought a Kensignton USB 3.0 Docking Station with Dual DVI/HDMI/VGA Video (sd3500v) and tested it on my Dell Vostro 5650 for a complete month without any kind of trouble.

Happy with the product, I bought another one for my boss when ordering his Dell XPS 13...but with his computer I ran into the same problems some other users encountered (black screens, network disconnections, usb disconnections).

After reading the posts from this forum, I installed the 7.2M1 version of your drivers and set the Windows 8 (64bits) power options plan to "High performance" instead of the default "Balanced".

My boss still complains about black screens appearing from time to time. When happening the only solution seems to reset the dock by unplugging both power cord and usb cable, waiting a couple of seconds and putting them in place...hopefully my boss is the patient kind!

Did you manage to spot the source of the problem? Is there a new driver beta version in progress that could solve this issue? Is there anything I can do to help you (like sending you debug logs)?

Kind regards,

Ulric Boël

ICT manager @ Produpress (Belgium)
uboel is offline   Reply With Quote