View Single Post
Old 10-26-2016, 04:40 PM   #4
AlbanRampon

Arrow

Hi Martin,

I understand what you wish to achieve.
The exact version of Windows (build number) and the graphics card generation is necessary for me to advise how to achieve this.

With Windows 10 ***before*** the anniversary update (v1507 and v1511), our driver does everything from the ground up, so we can tell what we want to the Windows and the graphics card. Cloning between the primary graphics card and any DisplayLink monitor doesn't rely on the graphics card implementing the feature and we have implemented it.

Since Windows 10 anniversary update (v1607), the driver is cut into two parts because Microsoft has integrated native support for DisplayLink USB graphics in the OS... But it means we are not doing everything ourselves and we use now standard Windows calls and Windows talks to the graphics card driver, not us. So, if the primary graphics card driver did not implement the feature called DWM Clone, you will have to use tricks to get the cloning across different graphics adapters to work. Supporting DWM Clone was first not existing, then became optional, and has been compulsory on Windows 10. So depending on which Intel CPU generation it is and the driver version, it may or may not be immediate.

In a nutshell, can you please use the Customer Support Tool available from the last link in my forum signature and post the system_details.txt file so I can give you the definite answer?

Kind regards,
Alban

Where to download the latest DisplayLink drivers
How to clean up a corrupted installation
How to report issues to DisplayLink for a speedy resolution
AlbanRampon is offline   Reply With Quote