View Single Post
Old 02-03-2015, 06:00 PM   #3
Mark Butterfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wim View Post
This is due to the way Windows scales the desktop depending on resolution. On Windows 7 you can only have one scaling setting for all displays, so if you have a mixture of high resolution (3200x1800) and low resolution displays (1080p) the scaling will not look right on one of the screens.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/.../ff629368.aspx

Windows 8 onwards solves this by letting you have different scaling on different screens.

I assume you are using Windows 7, which is why you are seeing this issue?

Wim
Thanks for your response Wim.

Sorry I did not mention my Windows version in my original post. I am running Windows version 8.1 although it seems to be acting like Win 7 in regard to scaling. On the display settings screen there is a check box labeled "Let me choose one scaling level for all my displays" that is not checked. The system however acts like it is checked. I can only adjust the scaling for one monitor (the monitor that was set as the "main" monitor when the system was booted.

While I would like to set the scaling separately for each display when docked my pressing issue is that resolution and scaling are not adapting to the change in environment when I dock or un-dock. When I dock or un-dock the scaling is not adjusted until I close all running applications and reboot. This is a huge pain in the neck and (I think) should not be necessary. Do you have any suggestions that may help me get this fixed?

Thanks, Mark
Mark Butterfield is offline   Reply With Quote