View Single Post
Old 06-25-2015, 02:53 PM   #175
aabramwow

Default Just a bump, sorry but this is important to me.

I've got an MSIGT60-0ND-250US laptop with one VGA and one HDMI port. I'm running Xubuntu 15.04 right now and have two external monitors working nicely with these built-in ports.

I also have a StarTech USB 3.0 to DVI Displaylink adapter that works out of the box with my second OS, WinX64 8.1.

I REALLY wish that there were drivers for the StarTech USB 3.0 Displaylink adapter!!! Searching on Google for a USB external display / monitor adapter (search term: "linux usb display adapter") brought me to this forum page and I registered just to pipe in...

It would be SO wonderful if the community would pick up this issue. Being able to extend your desktop to three or more large external monitors is a big productivity gain and I bet *Nix developers would really enjoy and relish the experience.

I'm just piping in to say that I'm just one more in a (possibly) large crowd of folks who'd really love to see a driver come out for this device category.

My apologies for not providing very useful/helpful information. Just feel strongly about this matter (been hoping for a solution for more than two years now) and really wanted to speak up about it.

Fingers crossed folks!