View Single Post
Old 01-20-2011, 04:19 AM   #15
YoG

Thumbs down Dissapointed!

I also bought this product, assuming it would run on my XP 64 (on the boxcover it reads: XP/Vista/7 32/64 bit.. kinda hard to interpret its actually not for XP64)

I still use XP because its so nice to use. All of my hardware works with it, they ALL have 64 bit XP drivers. So that made me assume this device would work on my OS.
Windows 7 does not support all of my hardware or software, and its lot slower too use than XP

Maybe you can release some kind of unofficial use-at-your-own-risk driver, or at least provide us with the extracted files in the setup-file so we can experiment ourselfs? Im pretty sure there are people on this forum that can mod INF files and such to make it compatible with xp64.

I noticed Windows server 2003 is now supported in the latest 5.6 driver. Afaik the core of this OS is almost similar to XP. So thatīll close the gap even further to port the driver to xp64, right?
You guys released so many different drivers, its hard to understand not one of them is made for xp64.
Maybe one of the older 4.x or 3.x will work?

Quote:
I have been able to extract the files from the driver installer. any chance we in the community can work out a hack? seeing as how displaylink wants the community to put out a linux driver i dont see why they should stop us from making an x64 driver.
can you post the files somewhere on the net? Such as http://www.zippyshare.com/ (no need to register to upload)

Quote:
Ive been able to make it install up until it needs to run DisplayLinkManager.exe at that point it tells me the software wont work with my version of windows.
Have you tried running the program in a different compatible mode? Rightclick the file, select properties and then tab Compatibility. You can try another OS in the dropdown menu.