View Single Post
Old 05-27-2017, 07:50 PM   #11
malidlkan

Quote:
Can you confirm that when the mouse and keyboard are plugged directly into the laptop that they wake the laptop up from sleep?
Yes, I tested the keyboard. It wakes up the notebook from stand-by, if its connected directly to the notebook's usb port.

Quote:
Some notebooks unfortunately don't seem to allow to wake through external USB input devices such as a mouse or keyboard when the lid is closed, even if all power saving settings are set up properly.
Yes, you're right. My Acer notebook (and many other models) can not be waked up, if the lid is closed. Waking up with external devices (keyboard) is only possible if the lid is open or if the lid was open at the time Windows went into standby.
There is already (many years old) an "idea" to fix this: http://community.acer.com/t5/Acer-Id...sed/m-p/378505

##################################

How to configure the DisplayLink driver/device to allow wake up from standby mode?

Maybe my powercfg setting helps:

Code:
PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> powercfg.exe /devicequery wake_armed
HID-konforme Maus (001)
HID-konformes Benutzersteuergerät
Microsoft USB Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 (Mouse and Keyboard Center)
DisplayLink Ethernet
Microsoft Input Configuration Device
HID-konforme Maus (002)
Well, the list of "any" wake up devices is quite longer and contains entries like:
  • USB-Root-Hub (USB 3.0)
  • USB-Root-Hub
  • Generic USB-Hub
  • USB3.0 Dual Video Dock
  • ... and a lot more.

But nothing like "DisplayLink", "Docking station",...
I don't want to add every device to wake_armed, because I read that you probably get some troubles and your notebook would randomly wake up.

##################################

Maybe I will use this funny workaround (https://superuser.com/a/226208):

Quote:
Put it on suspend rather than off, then wake it up with a piece of semi-flexible "tonge" and insert it between the lids to press a key.
Not high tech, but effective and cheap.
malidlkan is offline   Reply With Quote