Thread: Mouse flickers
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2015, 07:25 AM   #4
MisterFlicker

Confirming that my mouse cursor is also flickering / becoming invisible under Ubuntu 14.04.3 LTS.

I have a two monitor setup, with a BenQ GW2760S as the main monitor, and a Orico DU3H-BK running the secondary monitor. Both monitors using HDMI. These are connected to a Dell Inspiron 5749 laptop. Display setup is configured to disable the inbuilt laptop monitor. I am using the default X.Org X server "Nouveau" display driver.

The cursor flickers most of the time, when it is moved. It also flickers when stationary, but only when typing with the keyboard. However, I notice that the mouse cursor tends to become completely invisible when I open, close or switch between windows. Perhaps invisibility occurs on increased CPU and/or GPU load? I think.
The mouse cursor only becomes invisible / flickers on the main monitor, not on the Displaylink monitor. The mouse cursor seems to behave whilst on the Displaylink monitor. Is it becoming jealous and/or anxiously nervous when it is away from its favourable Displaylink monitor? Possibly dealing with a driver-enabled emotional problem here.

I have tried connecting to various USB ports, both on-board, and via a USB hub, the problem still persists.

uname -a:
3.19.0-28-generic #30~14.04.1-Ubuntu SMP Tue Sep 1 09:32:55 UTC 2015 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Thanks for supporting Linux and Open Source software! You are loved.
MisterFlicker is offline   Reply With Quote