View Single Post
Old 02-07-2023, 05:18 PM   #1
almostsy

Unhappy DisplayLink Manager stopped working on MacOS 13.2 (2020 M1)

Hardware:

2020 MacBook Pro, M1 Silicon
Kensington SD4900P docking station connected to MacBook via USB-C cable
2x Dell P2417 monitors each connected to docking station via their own DP cable

Software:

MacOS Ventura 13.2 with corporate profile
DisplayLink Manager (don't know version number, but I downloaded and installed it sometime in June 2022)

Symptoms / Steps taken
  • DisplayLink Manager stopped working overnight. Was working fine yesterday to support a dual-monitor setup. Today, no video appeared on the monitors.
  • I used the DisplayLink Manager icon in the top MacOS menu tray to see what was up, but it gave me a never-ending rainbow pinwheel.
  • I verified that my Docking Station is present in the USB tree in System Report:
    Quote:
    SD4900P USB C TRIPLE VIDEO DESK DOCK:
    Product ID: 0x6023
  • I attempted to force quit DisplayLink Manager, but the application did not appear in the Force Quit menu.
  • I restarted the computer several times to try and resolve the issue. No success.
  • I unplugged and replugged every cable in between restarts and while the computer was on. No success.
  • I attempted to install the DisplayLink Manager Login Screen Extension, but it got stuck at "Opening Package" or something. I restarted the computer.
  • I downloaded DisplayLink Manager Graphics Connectivity 1.8. I don't remember which application I used (either the Login Screen Extension or Graphics Connectivity 1.8), but one of them had a DisplayLink Uninstaller. I used that to uninstall DisplayLink Manager.
  • I then attempted to install DisplayLink Manager Graphics Connectivity 1.8. I was met with the following message:
Quote:
The installation failed.
The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.
So... here I am. Reporting this issue in case anyone else has encountered something similar.

Last edited by almostsy; 02-07-2023 at 05:23 PM.
almostsy is offline   Reply With Quote