View Single Post
Old 08-03-2018, 06:27 PM   #102
David B>

So I've only very recently noticed a performance issue with this product connected to my laptop.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

In the past there has never been a noticeable problem with performance. However, now I notice in task manager that the the title of this thread, is using A Lot of CPU usage.

From what I've been able to research it's something with a driver and the "peripheral." I've tried completely uninstalling the driver and software, restarting and reinstalling it. Even resetting my machine.

It is connecting VIA USB 3.0 and when I do file transfer speeds it even reflects that, unless I"m watching a movie at the same time. Please note that in the past it never did that.

I'm reaching out to see what suggestions/recommendations people can make.

Again please bare in mind that one this performance issue has only recently -- within the last week -- happened. Also that I've completely reset my machine.

It is running Windows 10. It has a AMD A12 processor that has a 2.5 GHz rate with 3.5 over clock rate. According to task manager the culprit consumes 20-40 % if not more of the CPU. According to AMD manual and automatic checks I am running the latest driver. I also tried a slightly older driver and the problem remains.

If there's any other information you need, please let me know.