View Single Post
Old 11-17-2021, 12:04 PM   #12
rboerner
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by russ-codes View Post
I've kept things constructive in the past and will continue doing so.

I came here to express my experience as a multi-year DisplayLink user. It's been quite the roller coaster! I was here for the original drivers before DLM. I remember the excitement of DLM's first release knowing DL was heading in a healthier direction for macs despite a temporary setback in feature set versus the legacy drivers. I remember the excitement of the 1.4 release where for the first time my intel mac supported appropriate rotational support.

GREAT SUCCESS!

I write this response today from my brand new shiny M1 mac. I write this post from my main monitor which sits right next to my rotated secondary. Black. Unusuable. I do understand this is well documented in the release notes.

For 2 years I have owned a quad 4k Targus dock (DOCK190USZ) advertised as being able to run 4 independent 4k displays. A brief 3 months I was able to leverage my rotated display. I have a third monitor, in a box, never opened because it too would be oriented portrait, unusable.

DisplayLink, I've been with you on this journey for years. Patient. Constructive.

Simply put, your customers need rotational support. We've needed it for a long time. I understand the nature of writing common software. I appreciate the complexity bred when writing solutions for all hardware out there. I understand the nature of an NDA and how it ties your hands (and zips your lips).

All I can do is express my experience - and plead.
If there is anything you can do internally to raise the priority of this feature, please do.
If there is anything you can implement as an MVP solution, please do.
If there is anything you can do to accelerate the NDA solution, please do.

Please help us.
Just in case you were not aware, DisplayLink has stated here --> https://support.displaylink.com/foru...ion-on-m1-macs that rotation support for M1 Macs is coming in the next release of DisplayLink Manager version 1.6
rboerner is offline   Reply With Quote