View Single Post
Old 08-10-2014, 10:11 PM   #5
skrewball

Thumbs down The problem has to do with the displaylink drivers

Update:

Once the new driver version (7.6 M2) came out on 7-18-2014 both external monitor displays worked. Therefore the bullshit that targuslevel3 thought was a hardware issue was a complete lie and cost me because I bought another one of these pieces of garbage.

I once again disconnected my laptop and reconnected it and now I am back to square one where it fails to recognize and display on my external monitors. I tried upgrading to the 7.7 Beta 1 which did absolutely nothing. I have again tried all of the previous steps mentioned and have spent a couple hours of my time uninstalling, re-installing, and restarting.

I have never been so frustrated in my life!

I think the problem has to do with the drivers:

I have Generic Superspeed USB Hub and four occurrences (I'll call a-d) of "generic USB Hub" under the USB controllers heading in device manager.

Generic Superspeed USB Hub properties show has a location of Port_#0005.Hub_#0003 and driver provider is "Microsoft" and the date is "5/30/2014"

generic USB Hub "a" has a location of Port_#0001.Hub_#0003 and driver provider is "Microsoft" and the date is "5/30/2014"

generic USB Hub "b" has a location of Port_#0001.Hub_#0002 and driver provider is "Microsoft" and the date is "6/21/2006"

generic USB Hub "c" has a location of Port_#0004.Hub_#0005 and driver provider is "Microsoft" and the date is "5/30/2014"

generic USB Hub "d" has a location of Port_#0001.Hub_#0001 and driver provider is "Microsoft" and the date is "6/21/2006"

Now I am no expert but I am assuming that "Microsoft" and an eight year old date of "6/21/2006" is most likely the problem. I have tried updating using the search automatically and the browse my computer options with no luck.

Displaylink needs to be advised of this problem and release an immediate fix!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg displaylink sucks.jpg (65.6 KB, 4 views)
skrewball is offline   Reply With Quote