View Single Post
Old 07-08-2020, 02:40 PM   #1
mgt82

Red face Connecting 4k display to MacBook Pro 2017"

Hello!

I've been tearing my hair out because I cannot get my MacBook Pro 13" 2017 (2 Tb ports) to output 4k @ 60Hz.

I have connected it to a DisplayPort adapter, and managed it to get output 60hz once (!) after connecting/disconnecting, trying different ports. The one thing that finally made it work was closing the lid. However, that worked one time, and the next time it didn't matter what I tried, it did not output 60Hz (4k) no matter what I did (tried for hours).
So anyway, I know it's at least possible to get the 60Hz4k signal.

What I did next is I bought a HDMI dongle instead (specified for 4k@60Hz) and tried it, but it does not work. The HDMI cable is also specified for 4k60hz (18Gpbs), so no problem there.
No matter how I connect, close the lid, change settings, change ports, connect charger, it does not switch to 60 Hz. I've also tried resetting SMC, NVRAM etc. Doesn't help.

So after googling like crazy, I finally ended up here.
So I've downloaded the latest Mac drivers, the App and the Login screen (app?) installed everything. I've gone through the FAQ, browsed several Troubleshootings etc, but I can't even begin to understand how DisplayLink works or how to get it to work. I'm not totally illiterate when it comes to computers, but I cannot find concrete info if DisplayLink even can help me or how to use it, step by step. The only thing I found that came close was just a run-through of the default MacOS Displaysettings, which I've already gone through a couple of hundred times without success.

My monitor is a Philips BDM4350UC.

Can you guys help me?
Thanx in advance!
mgt82 is offline   Reply With Quote