View Single Post
Old 11-28-2020, 09:52 PM   #3
davss

In short - DL drivers work on Apple MacBook Air 13 inch A2337 only in horizontal mode and there is no visible lags! DO NOT INSTALL an add-on 'macOS App Login Extension.dmg' suggested in DisplayLink Manager s this will mess up DL software which won't load anymore thus no more external USB monitors :/

I just got my Air A2337, installed the latest DL drivers (Release: 1.1 13 Aug 2020) and allowed access in security for the driver to work. At first was nicely surprised as my 2 USB Dell 2515H came online with no lag! I have these monitors connected via UGREEN single USB-C hub model CM179. I also have a third Dell 2515H monitor connected via HDMI in this hub and it's working fine. I was quite excited and went to change rotation on the other two DL USB monitors as use them in vertical mode. When changed from 'Standard' rotation to any 90, 180 or 270 it freezes picture on screens for some time then flashes once and it's back to 'Standard' horizontal so rotation doesn't work no matter what I do and fiddle with resolutions/refresh rates.

Now, I poked around in DisplayLink Manager (in top menu bar) and noticed an add-on under file name 'macOS App Login Extension.dmg' hasn't been installed.
Therefore, downloaded it and installed. This really messed up my Big Sur 11.0 and it went into black screen after a reboot and login. When I hit keys it would only flash login screen and then back to black again. I was only able to get back into the OS X after completely unplugging the USB-C hub with external monitors. I then uninstalled the DL driver and this ugly add-on but unfortunately it BROKE my DisplayLink driver now completely as it's not longer starts/working even after complete removal and reinstallation .
davss is offline   Reply With Quote