View Single Post
Old 04-18-2017, 02:34 PM   #2
AlbanRampon

Arrow

Hello Jeremy,

Thank you for reporting in details, this is helpful.

On 1, I think you may be hitting an issue many have observed on that version of Windows where screen updates don't work, unless you resize or otherwise force a full screen refresh.
From my personal experience, all applications were suffering, with Google Chrome browser window *content* being frozen, even when moving the window itself.
This was an issue very apparent when using multiple screens, and Microsoft fixed it last month.
Would you please be able to try the Windows 10 Creators Update (Build 15063)?

On the machine crash, can you check if you have a memory minidump from the moment it takes place? (https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/...dump-bsod.html)
DisplayLink doesn't have enough privilege to switch off the onboard video on Windows 10 Anniversary Update onwards, and we were not doing it earlier either.
It could be a graphics driver problem, an old driver not able to follow the new graphics requirements. I can look into that.
If you look at the last link of my signature, there are step to provide log files using a diagnostic tool. From that tool, I can look at the graphics driver version for the platform.

On the Ethernet, we have noticed a speed reduction on some connections. We have modified this in our 8.2 M1 release I'd like to encourage you to try. The speed achieved is higher in both 100 Mbps and 1 Gbps connections. I have put the Setup.exe, MSI and INF installs on our website earlier today.

Kind regards,
Alban

Where to download the latest DisplayLink drivers
How to clean up a corrupted installation
How to report issues to DisplayLink for a speedy resolution
AlbanRampon is offline   Reply With Quote