View Single Post
Old 08-16-2016, 03:32 AM   #20
microdave

Quote:
Originally Posted by VON View Post
Between your post and some questions that Plugable asked me, I realize I left out a couple details that could be helpful.

My setup: I have a Plugable UD-3900 at home and one at the office that I connect to with the XPS laptop. The setups are very similar. Same monitors, keyboards, and mice. The only difference is that at home I have a XBOX wired controller and a webcam both connected via the dock. And I do believe that, similar to what DougG said, the home computer experiences more lag/stutter than the office setup does.

In both setups there are monitors used in Extend mode, and the laptop display itself is set to Disconnected. My laptop does have dual graphics cards, but I have already tried disabling the dedicated to see if anything changes without success.

One (strange) way to duplicate this: Have the task manager open with CPU usage in descending order, and watch the Windows Driver Foundation usage while repeatedly tapping the Windows key. My usage goes up to around 20% easily and I’ll see very obvious mouse stuttering.

I've always had stuttering of some sort. It just wasn't noticeable under normal office and web use. But if I open a game such as Geometry Dash it was noticeable. Now it is completely unplayable of course as a 1-second stutter gets you killed. Maybe the updates (driver/Windows) are simply causing more CPU usage that results in the stuttering?
Von, I'm seeing exactly the same things you are seeing. I also have a dual graphics card system - are you using a Surface Book?
microdave is offline   Reply With Quote