View Single Post
Old 02-18-2014, 03:24 PM   #1
BrianGW

Default Windows 8.1 Issue

Hello everyone!

I was running Windows 8 on my laptop with three monitors (one of which was on the display link) and everything was working without an issue. I didn't think about checking the compatibility with 8.1 before doing so and I updated to Windows 8.1. My third monitor promptly stopped working.

Research led me to this article http://www.displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=346

When I attempted to install 7.5, I received a UAC prompt (as expected) and then I see for a split second a blue status bar that goes across and then nothing. I am not even sure what that status bar says because it comes and goes so quickly. I went into programs and features to see if anything installed and I didn't see anything related to DisplayLink. I rebooted and it still didn't work. I retried the installation but the same occurred, even after a reboot. I attempted to install the latest version of 7.4 but the same issue occurred. I rebooted, ran the cleaner, rebooted and attempted to install again but the same thing happened.

I have included the output from the troubleshooting tool I have seen other people utilize.
Attached Files
File Type: zip IT-BWEISS_20140205_103801.zip (67.7 KB, 2 views)
BrianGW is offline   Reply With Quote