View Single Post
Old 06-02-2022, 02:15 PM   #7
comopsyko

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatarzynaKowalczyk View Post
Hello,

Are you both able to use the iPad as an external monitor even with DisplayLink connected and running but are unable to use the keyboard/mouse with it?

Can you please gather logfiles while this is happening?

To do that you can follow the article here: How to Report MacOS Issues to DisplayLink

Thank you
I just sent the email to support team. However ill send here the updates and STR the error:

My Setup:

- MacBook Pro 16 Inch - Chip M1 PRO / Monterrey 12.4
- Screen: SAMSUNG C27JG5X
- Screen: SAMSUNG C27fg70
- Screen: Dell Up218Q
- Dock: Plugable UD-3900PDZ
- Ipad 9th generation - iOS 15.4

STR:

1. Connect your screens via DisplayLink:
In my case:
- Main screen on HDMI 1:*SAMSUNG C27fg70- 2 screen on HDMI 2:*SAMSUNG C27JG5X- 3 screen on HDMI 3:*Dell Up218Q
- My laptop*is closed in a vertical dock:*2. Try to connect the IPAD via UniversalControl. Moving the mouse to*the side where the iPad is but no luck. There is no indication that the iPad is there to connect.*
3. I can connect the IPad as an external*monitor (4 in my case) but I can not use the keyboard/mouse to control it.

I found a way to fix the issue:

1. Disconnect the monitors from the DisplayLink
2. Open the laptop*
3. At this moment*i am able to use the iPad in UniversalControl mode (I can use the*keyboard and mouse)4. Connect the DisplayLink dock again
5. Close the laptop
6. The iPad continues working on UniversalControl. At this point I can use the feature w/o problems
7. But if I disconnect the ipad or the DisplayLink Dock the feature stops working and I need to do all the process again.

I hope this can help to fix the issue or understand what i'm doing wrong
comopsyko is offline   Reply With Quote