Thread: Windows 8 Issue
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 03:10 AM   #22
Gastove

Default Bump; same issues

Just freshening this up: I'm on a Toshiba Satellite Pro 855 running Windows 8. I just purchased a Toshiba DynaDock U3, which requires the instillation of DisplayLink drivers. However, as soon as I install them... I can no longer play most of the games I've tried so far (current list is Diablo 3, Torchlight 2, Bioshocks 1 and 2, Defense of the Ancients 2). I can uninstall DisplayLink, which restores function to the games I play -- but cripples the USB dock, thus rendering it useless.

...which would be less of a problem if I could find a USB3.0 dock that didn't use DisplayLink. Which I can't. So.

Regarding Diablo 3, y'all already have a pretty clear description of exactly the problem I'm having ('Cannot create D3 object' when trying to run fullscreen.) Torchlight 2 loads, but the graphics never activate (I'm treated to a black screen... forever) -- likewise the Bioshock games and DotA2. I'm hoping y'all are on this; you seem to be the main game in town for USB3.0 graphics, but this... is a problem.