View Single Post
Old 03-08-2018, 01:57 PM   #4
AlbanRampon

Arrow

Thank you for all these files and details,

I have a clearer picture of what is taking place.
First, 7.9 driver is not suitable for Windows 10 Anniversary Update onwards. It requires 8.0 minimum.
After you install 7.9 manually, Windows Update will break it when adding 8.2. But that's not the only root cause of your issues. When upgrading Windows, the OS is designed to cleanly remove old versions, but not when adding them later.

The main root cause comes from USB communication issues. There are difficulties setting the secure channel. When negotiation fails a few times, it stops trying. The reason why insisting works is because it eventually errors take place at a non-critical time. I believe the removal of third party things is just a coincidence: even when it passes, Windows USB driver reports errors.
I see the first 30 minutes seem to have recoverable errors, but then I wonder if you've got the computer going to sleep and has issues resuming.

Would you be able to run our cleaner to get rid of all 8.2, then install the latest driver from our website (8.4 M2) before connecting the docking station?

Then, I would advise trying with another USB 3.0 cable or change to USB 2.0 to see if the behaviour changes. Ultimately, because the USB channel is not clean, the driver and chip can't talk. What we are trying here is to check what influences the quality of the link.
If you could provide new logs gathered after this, I can look at the errors to see if the situation has improved.

Kind regards,
Alban

Where to download the latest DisplayLink drivers
How to clean up a corrupted installation
How to report issues to DisplayLink for a speedy resolution
AlbanRampon is offline   Reply With Quote