View Single Post
Old 11-10-2020, 05:51 AM   #9
Sam21LBC

Cool Had the same issue

I had the same issue as you did where I couldn't get the Dockstation to use the legacy drivers. Make sure you enable the DISPLAYLINK KEXT
https://support.displaylink.com/know...ticles/1188004

Once you do that, I uninstalled it and make sure that you don't have the dockstation connected. For some reason with the Dockstation connected it just wouldn't recognize the screens. Do a restart or shutdown and then go and re-install the drivers. Let it restart after the install and you should be able to connect it after it boots up. Don't connect it while it's booting. Connect it once you have logged in and everything has loaded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonmach View Post
I have a Targus Dock180 and have no usable external monitor solution.

I'm on the latest Catalina (10.15.7) and I cannot get the legacy drivers to work (at all). Nor can I get the new drivers to work with clamshell. I get that clamshell doesn't yet work, but you now have no workable option.

As I said, I cannot get the old drivers to work, so perhaps I'm missing something obvious. I assume that installing the drivers, rebooting etc will let me use an external monitor, but it won't recognise anything.

For a $300 docking station, this is a really obvious problem.

Is there any workaround I can use short of returning this device? It's basically useless as it is.
Sam21LBC is offline   Reply With Quote