View Single Post
Old 06-10-2021, 12:27 PM   #4
Gsud987

Quote:
Originally Posted by rboerner View Post
Can you please provide a direct web link to the HP Universal Docking Station you are using, or provide the specific product number? For example --> Product #- 5TW13UT#ABA

I ask because I would like to review the unit's specifications online before offering my opinion.

My impression is that you are referring to this product --> https://www.hp.com/us-en/shop/pdp/hp...versal-dock-g2 however I do not want to make any incorrect assumptions.
I can't find it on the HP Website. It must be an old version.
I have this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbanRampon View Post
Hello,

Yes, but the dock also has its specifications.

Due to the video link speed, that dock supports 5K (=5120x2880) using 2 DisplayPort cables for 1 display, and on Windows only. This requires a monitor conceived as tiled mode (=2 panels next to each other without a bezel). I don't believe that new display is tiled so it would not work.

On the other hand, 5K Super Ultrawide (=5120x1440) can fit in that link speed. So you can use 2 of them on the dock, and each with a single DisplayPort cable.

I personally would prefer the Super Ultrawide choice, as the aspect ratio sounds better for productivity.

Regards, Alban
Thank you. It's clearer for me now.
I was looking for the 40 inch in part because of the higher définition (dpi) for photography works.
Gsud987 is offline   Reply With Quote