View Single Post
Old 03-30-2022, 08:41 PM   #5
gimmiluigi

Hi rboerner,

Thank you for your post. Yes, that is the dock I'm using.

And yes, I'm using windows 11 with the latest version of f.lux (4.120).

I'm using HDMI, I don't have a DP cable so I cannot test the DisplayPort.

I tried switching on the Night Light beta support toggle in DisplayLink Manager but my pc became significantly slower after that. I tried updating the DisplayLink drivers to the latest version (10.2 M1 | Mar 16, 2022) but that didn't help, it only made it worse, it capped the CPU speed to 0.4GHz when connected to the dock.

I uninstalled the latest version of the drivers, reinstalled the previous version I was using, and disabled Night Light support but my thinkpad was still noticeably slower than before. So I uninstalled the drivers and DisplayLink Manager and now it's working alright. Windows Night Light doesn't work but f.lux does. From Windows Device Manager I can see that the driver's date is 11/08/2021 and the version is 10.1.2875.0. I'm using the latest version of Intel graphic drivers (30.0.101.1631) if that matters.

I am done testing, I spent more than one hour trying to figure out why it became so slow instantly after updating the drivers. I'll keep it like that and hope it will never break in the future.
gimmiluigi is offline   Reply With Quote