View Single Post
Old 11-11-2009, 09:28 AM   #18
nsb

I am running a laptop with switchable graphics (ie not SLi or Crossfire, only one unit active at any one time) which is apparently supported according to your latest release notes. IT IS NOT.

Although I can install the drivers, and get the additional screens running, the drivers still cause havoc. Simply running WMP will cause the systm to BSOD. Also, and quite strangely, when the drivers are installed I can not open Protector Suite 2009 Control Centre (Fingerprint/Biometrics software). Have no idea why this should at all be affected.

The worst part is my choice of laptop, purchase of new screens, were partly influenced by the preface that your software was tested and worked with Windows 7. Products sitting in computer stores everywhere using your drivers are labelled "Windows 7 Compatible" with no notice of any of these issues.

Given that almost all manufacturers are using your drivers in their products (HP, Toshiba, Targus, etc, etc, etc....) and labelling the products as W7 compatible - when they are not - you may soon have more to worry about than unhappy customers. The cost of product returns, both in financial terms and in the damage that it will cause to these brand names, may mean the manufacturers paying royalties to use your technology may just get a little upset. For your own sake, pull your heads out and get it sorted.