View Single Post
Old 10-22-2009, 10:23 PM   #14
jacklam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin View Post
Sorry for the lack of updates. Sadly, 5.2 will not offer acceptable multi-adapter support but there may be scenarios in which it works. We have plans to improve support in 5.3 (due next year) through incremental updates, some of which may be released into maintenence releases of 5.2, but no promises.
Due next year? What, the 31st of december 2010? If I remember correctly I asked for a clear an concise timetable, not a vague reference of something that might be supported sometime in the near or not so near future, or not be supported at all. Furthermore, after reading a lot of threads in this forum I've never read a case in which the latest driver worked completely and flawlessly in combination with any multi-GPU systems, not only Crssfire, but SLI systems seemed to have a lot of problem too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin View Post
Regarding CCC, the reason you will see problems in 5.2 is that it causes the machine to BSOD when there are displaylink screens attached, so we disable it in order to prevent this. Things will improve in future maintenence releases and 5.3, but not just yet.
Really? Not just yet? Does CCC BSOD? Although I don't like CCC, I've never had any problems whatsoever with it, and really need it to en- and disable Crossfire.

The BSOD and problem part only started after I installed your drivers. And they stopped again after I removed your drivers. Whilst not claiming to know nearly enough about driver development for a reasonably new operating system, simply stating other manufacturers and their software are the cause and reason for the failure of your own efforts sounds a bit childish to me.

But never mind, as I've reported in earlier messages, the official release date for Windows 7 has come and gone and you still don't have a driver which even resembles a workable situation, and frankly, I've had enough.

I'm selling my device, as there is not a single indication that it is going to be supported any time real soon.

Furthermore, I am going to start discourage anyone I know (and don't know) to purchase products which have anything to do with software which should be or should have been supported by your company, as I've totally lost any confidence in your abilities.