View Single Post
Old 08-30-2009, 09:20 PM   #5
aurelius

Default driver issue

Hi all!

I would report something that -i think- could be in connection with the bug above.
At first, as always, config with drivers:
---
AMD Athlon64 X2 3800+ (s939)
4x512 DDR400
Sapphire HD 3870
---
Graphics displays:
main: FSC x17-2
ext.: Samsung U70
---
Most recent ATI driver and your 5.2. OS is Win7 RC1 of course.
---
Bug desc.:

On the screen resolution window (where you can select each monitors settings, or detect/identify them), I click the Advanced settings, and on the 2nd ('Monitor') tab, however i would like to see the main monitor's details, the monitor's name is the Samsung Ubisync. But the refresh rate is the main screen's (so ok). Then I select the 2nd display (U70) in the screen res. window -> advanced settings, and the name on monitor tab is the same, but with the correct (62 Hz) refresh rate.
So, as I think, it leaves the settings for the main monitor (or at least it leaves the main points), but overwrites some details for instance the name of the display.
And if some settings of the main display are modified by the driver, it may lead to the problem mentioned by Shagler.

So far I haven't encounter any other bugs or errors, it's simply working with the Samsung SyncMaster U70 USB monitor. Next week I'll test it watchfully

I'm hungarian and using english a bit rarely nowadays, but i hope you could understand my observation.

Could I ask about the driver's development by the way? Is there a final release coming out soon or that's months later ?

Greetings from Hungary!

Last edited by aurelius; 08-30-2009 at 09:22 PM.