View Single Post
Old 02-14-2018, 02:15 PM   #94
Manuel

Looks like my comment was misunderstood.
Me asking the other user if they also experience coil whine was unrelated to the driver issue. I just wanted to ask this another user of this dock.

The "little faith for it to be fixed" is actually addressed towards the software issue described here. This thread is two years old and I haven't noticed any improvements in the driver versions of last year since I reported my system. Maybe it is better in some artificial benchmark in the lab, but it surely isn't noticeable when using it on an everyday work computer.
Like I reported, video replay on WQHD isn't fluid and stutters. Anything changing significantly the screen content will hog the CPU and the fans start to work overtime as a side effect.

Nice that everything worked great at the CES last month, but significant improvements are promised here for the last year and they have yet to reach the users. If it works so well, why not release it now as an alpha? Worst case it that it doesn't work and we have to go back to the version we use now. Why tease us without delivering an update? A probable reason not to do this is that it is a version specifically tuned for the CES demo but not everyday use, where it would fail.
As a user I feel like I'm a beta tester, but for a commercial products that was released years ago.