View Single Post
Old 03-15-2023, 05:09 PM   #1
WayneJohn

Default Wanting to add a second computer

I have the Displaylink Pluggable USB 3.0 Dual 4k already. I'm wired up to two 34" widescreen curved monitors, with a third standard widescreen. This is all driven by my Lenovo laptop, and I have full resolution that I require on all three screens. 4 screens if you include the laptop itself.

I have an existing desktop that is wired to one of my monitors directly that I toggle to using the source switch on the monitor itself.

I will be acquiring a Surface laptop with a dock (2.0 version). I am wanting to use as many of the existing monitors that I can with this laptop as well. I also am trying to determine how to do this without having to toggle the source on the monitors if I can. I'm thinking A/B switch at best, monitor toggle at worst.

I'm not sure if I can get away with some wiring magic here, or if I need another device. My brain hurts, and I'm hoping for some expert advice here.

The attached diagram details the connections and ports that each device has. The Surface dock is what I'm trying to integrate.

Much thanks!

Wayne

Diagram: https://drive.google.com/file/d/11f8...ew?usp=sharing
WayneJohn is offline   Reply With Quote