View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 11:56 AM   #74
Wim

Quote:
Originally Posted by hba View Post
Hello Wim,

I've now tried installing the drivers. Curiously though, the installer never report it's done? Is that normal behavior for the installer?
After a restart I plug in the graphics adapter, and the installer ends with a demand for a restart. I choose to wait the restart, and ran the support tool. If I do allow the restart, the flashing begins when the log on-screen appears.
The tray-icon never appears in the tray???

How come that when installing vers. DL Graphics 7.1.45135 and DL Core 7.1.45125 the device manager shows Plugable USB3-HDMI-DVI
vers. 7.0.43526.0/11-20-2012 and DisplayLink Display Adapter (4301) 7.0.41409.0/09-04-2012?? Isn't that fairly old drivers?

Regards Henrik
The Device manager just shows the version of the USB video driver, which is a small part of the DisplayLink software installed, and doesn't always change between releases. The Core software version is the one you want to ensure is correct (and it is).

The logs don't show the issue, as the software hasn't started as it needs a reboot. We need to see what is logged during the flashing to check what is causing it in the logs. It might be possible to stop the flashing by stopping the DisplayLink service after the problem occurs.

Thanks

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote