View Single Post
Old 03-30-2018, 09:19 PM   #4
dolphinman

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bep View Post
Hi,

i bought the Display Link 169B+ a couple months ago to run it on my 13" Macbook Pro Retina from about 2014. Despite many attempts and check with the Asus hotline it still doesnt work.

I installed the ASUS driver, and the Display Link Driver (same i think) several times and deinstalled and installed again. Seemed to have worked fine.

But the display still doesnt work. The ASUS sign appears when connecting it but then goes into sleep mode.

The computer doesnt fully researt when the display is connected but hangs and only researts when unplugging the display. With a much older MacbookPro without retina it works fine on USB2 port but on mine nothing. On all other Win laptops i tried it also worked.

Asus hotline said its not compatible with the Mac. but thats just not true.

Any suggestions on how i can fix this please ?!
----------------------
Sorry to hear yours is not working.

I also just bought the ASUS MB169B+ (w DisplayLink) yesterday from Amazon for my 15" MacBook Pro (Mid-2015, Retina, running High Sierra 10.13.3). It worked perfectly after installing the DL 4.1 drivers...

However, (as of today 3/30/18) after updating to OSX 10.13.4 it does NOT work. I only get the ASUS logo and no mirror capability. It is a known issue but extremely frustrating. Hopefully, this will get resolved very quickly (within a few days)! Good luck to you.
dolphinman is offline   Reply With Quote