View Single Post
Old 12-17-2022, 08:56 PM   #13
c_lanza

Hello @kellehorreur, first of all, thank you very much for doing the verbose explanation, for a not so advanced linux user like me, this makes is super easy to follow and understand.

However I am facing a challenge that you may be able to explain/solve.
I am using Fedora and my asus Zenscreen was running perfectly on kernel 5.16. however, I just updated to Fedora 37 running kernel 6.0.12-300.fc37.x86_64 and the problem I am facing is that when I try to compile evdi, it always comes back with an error saying that it couldn't find libdrm/drm.h
Code:
evdi_lib.c:6:10: fatal error: libdrm/drm.h: No such file or directory
    6 | #include <libdrm/drm.h>
      |          ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I checked and the latest version libdrm is installed but I guess it just cant find the right path??

would you have any idea on how to fix this?

cheers, and thank you very very much in advanced

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellehorreur View Post
A little more verbose version of alucard's solution: (Tested on PopOs 22.04 and kernel 6.0.2 and 6.0.3)

Got to a random temporary folder, clone and build from source:
Code:
cd <temp-folder>
git clone git@github.com:DisplayLink/evdi.git
cd evdi
make
List all installed versions of evdi: ("evdi/<version>" is what you are looking for)
Code:
dkms status
Uninstall current version of evdi (if the latest version (currently 1.12.0) is not installed at all, this step is unnecessary), if you want you can uninstall earlier versions, too
Code:
sudo dkms remove -m evdi -v 1.12.0 --all
Create the dkms source folder and copy the newly built files into the dkms folder:
Code:
sudo mkdir /usr/src/evdi-1.12.0/
cd /usr/src/evdi-1.12.0/
sudo cp <temp-folder>/evdi/module/* .
Register the dkms module:
Code:
sudo dkms add -m evdi -v 1.12.0
sudo dkms build -m evdi -v 1.12.0
sudo dkms install -m evdi -v 1.12.0
If after a reboot, it does not just start working, re-run ubuntu installer (from and following the instructions https://www.synaptics.com/products/d...wnloads/ubuntu):
Code:
sudo ./displaylink-driver-5.6.1-59.184.run
c_lanza is offline   Reply With Quote