View Single Post
Old 09-05-2015, 05:40 PM   #9
Johngibson

Default Reply with info

My PC is a Samsung Samsung ATIV XE700T1C-A01US

I have tried 3 different monitors, with various direct connections, DVI, Displayport, and HDMI. All behave the same way regardless of cables used, adapters used, or monitors used.

Again...the hookup from the HP 3005PR works when using the HDMI output regardless of connection to the monitor, or monitor used. Currently this display is using the HDMI output from the 3005PR that goes into an HDMI to DVI adapter into the DELL P2011h. The other monitor is also a P2011h. But I have also tried a DELL U2414h trying the direct Displayport out from the dock to the Displayport input to the U2414h, but this does not solve the issue...the dock freezes regardless of which monitor is connected, and regardless of the cable(s) tried.

My PC does not have a Displayport output, it is in a simple power/USB dock. This dock is connected to the HP3005pr. Yesterday I did an image of the PC, did a complete clean Windows 10 install, first software installed after Windows 10 and updates was the Displaylink software...so this was an absolute virgin setup. No other software installed no AV etc. I then connected the HP3005pr, but the exact same issue comes up. Any time the Displaylink Displayport is used the dock crashes. Can only use one monitor connecte to the dock HDMI output. This (in my opinion) rules out any other software causing the issue.

I also took the new powered USB hub out of the mix as this did not help (but was and expensive attempt )
Johngibson is offline   Reply With Quote