View Single Post
Old 08-29-2013, 09:54 AM   #3
nicolewells

Hi Ruud,

Nice of you to point me at that however my laptop (ASUS G74SX) has a Fresco Logic rather than the Intel USB 3.0 chipset. I had already installed the latest driver for this chipset (being 3.5.100) from the Fresco Logic website.

Fresco Logic xHCI (USB3) Controller FL1000 Series driver information :-
> Windows Installed Version - 3.5.93.0 (02/11/2012)
> Updated from Web Version - 3.5.100.0 (03/07/2013)

This morning I got so annoyed with the continuous screen refreshing that I attempted another Display Link driver refresh. With the Targus device disconnected I removed and reinstalled the Display Link drivers by removing the existing (7.3M1), running the DL install cleaner and then installing the newest (7.4M0) driver. I then rebooted before reconnecting the Targus USB3.0 device.

Following the initial auto-screen-setup I then checked all related devices to un-tick the power save options - making sure that I was also on performance power mode.

This made no difference it seems as I still suffer the black outs and have had to once again unplug the Targus, reducing me back down to 2 screens again.

This is a stupid situation to be in given my usage of Windows 7 with Display Link for over a year now without issue only to get this issue with Windows 8.

Thanks,
Nicole xx
nicolewells is offline   Reply With Quote