View Single Post
Old 07-23-2017, 12:52 PM   #7
AlbanRampon

Arrow

Hello Martin,

There is something very wrong here I'm afraid, but I'm confident we'll get to the bottom of it.
Could you check if the logs were properly collected by looking in the following folder if you have a DisplayLinkManager*.log and/or Firmware*.log?
Folder = C:\ProgramData\DisplayLink\Debug (hidden by Windows by default)

In the logs, there is zero trace of any DisplayLink chip ever connected to the computer.
When you did the removal of the driver, it removed everything so the history so that's somewhat expect not to have old data.
With the second logs, I have nothing either, even in Device Manager or the Microsoft Installer logs. That second part (setuapi) lists what the OS has seen and done (very useful).

With what I have, I believe the displays don't enumerate on USB. So our driver is not even invoked by Windows.

Would you have a non-NUC machine on hand?
If so, would you please install 8.0M3 on that machine, disconnect it from the Internet, enabled advanced logging, and then connect one display on it, wait 2 minutes, and collect logs, then disable advanced logging? Did you get the display running? It may take up to 1-2 minute to reflash the firmware on these, provided the device is recognised (Windows USB connection sound and Device Manager will tell you if the device is recognised or not).
Then, on the NUC, remove the DisplayLink driver and connect the device. Do you have enumeration (sound and visible in Device Manager)? Because you're on Creators' Update, install from Windows Update is quick and painless.

Kind regards,
Alban

Where to download the latest DisplayLink drivers
How to clean up a corrupted installation
How to report issues to DisplayLink for a speedy resolution
AlbanRampon is offline   Reply With Quote