View Single Post
Old 01-14-2021, 10:12 PM   #9
PapaDrew

Default Working but Heavily Lagged on One Monitor - Continued

While waiting for USB 2.0 to USB-C dongles to arrive for testing the mouse bypassing the docking station I decided to go ahead and go through the following troubleshooting guide to see if there's anything else I can try while waiting: https://support.displaylink.com/know...ces-powered-by

A new step I hadn't tried was turning off Wi-Fi. That's not really a long term solution for obvious reasons but might give insight. Turning off Wi-Fi did not make any differences. Mouse cursor movement is still lagged on the one monitor and DisplayLinkUserAgent's CPU usage shoots up from 30-40% usage to over 100%.

I've ordered some 8k (4k/144Hz) DP cables to test with as none of the manufacturer provided cables that came with my monitors provide any improvement in the problem with that monitor.

Any tips on plugging a DP and HDMI only monitor into a MacBook Pro? All I'm finding on it are USB 3.1 ports and what looks like an analog audio port.

Did I mention already that I hooked the docking station up to a windows computer and checked the firmware on it? It's up to date.
*** Also, the same monitor has no problems on the Windows box. None of the other monitors are giving me trouble on that box as well. No other changes besides hooking the docking station to a Dell Laptop with Windows 10 instead.***

Last edited by PapaDrew; 01-15-2021 at 05:32 PM.
PapaDrew is offline   Reply With Quote