View Single Post
Old 01-07-2021, 05:26 PM   #5
Klaas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nattrac View Post
I am having issues with my D6000 and using my MacBook Pro (MBP). Until this latest update not sure if it was on the MBP side or Display Link but I had no issues UNTIL I installed the latest Display link utilities.

1. Now I can not get my MacBook to extend properly unless I have my MBP open.
2. I have what appears to be connection issues with my MBP while I am working the connection will drop for approx 30 seconds and then reconnects.

I AM A TOTAL WANNA BE TECHIE SO please any suggestions be simple.
Clamshell mode not working is reported in the release notes for Displaylink manager v1.2
For me it works though. What I suggest you try:
- remove all current displaylink software through the dedicated uninstall application :

- Reboot (don't skip this)

- Download & install the older version and follow instructions during the installation.

- CMD + Space > type "security & privacy" hit enter, check under "General" tab if it asks you to "Allow" displaylink manager, and after that the privacy tab on screen recording.

Last and most important step:
Reboot

If this wouldn't work you can also repeat the above steps (with reboots) and try this legacy driver. I can confirm both versions work fine (not best though since not "latest").

I have a MBP 2020 (10th gen) with Dell D6000 and 3 x 24" monitors working for years now. Also on Bigsur 11.1 with DM 1.2
Klaas is offline   Reply With Quote