View Single Post
Old 08-07-2023, 01:56 PM   #18
dunkirk

Default Saved this gloomy Monday

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellehorreur View Post
A little more verbose version of alucard's solution: (Tested on PopOs 22.04 and kernel 6.0.2 and 6.0.3)

Got to a random temporary folder, clone and build from source:
Code:
cd <temp-folder>
git clone git@github.com:DisplayLink/evdi.git
cd evdi
make
List all installed versions of evdi: ("evdi/<version>" is what you are looking for)
Code:
dkms status
Uninstall current version of evdi (if the latest version (currently 1.12.0) is not installed at all, this step is unnecessary), if you want you can uninstall earlier versions, too
Code:
sudo dkms remove -m evdi -v 1.12.0 --all
Create the dkms source folder and copy the newly built files into the dkms folder:
Code:
sudo mkdir /usr/src/evdi-1.12.0/
cd /usr/src/evdi-1.12.0/
sudo cp <temp-folder>/evdi/module/* .
Register the dkms module:
Code:
sudo dkms add -m evdi -v 1.12.0
sudo dkms build -m evdi -v 1.12.0
sudo dkms install -m evdi -v 1.12.0
If after a reboot, it does not just start working, re-run ubuntu installer (from and following the instructions https://www.synaptics.com/products/d...wnloads/ubuntu):
Code:
sudo ./displaylink-driver-5.6.1-59.184.run
I was on Linuxmint 21.2 victoria with kernel 5.19.0-50 (Dell XPS 9320 + UD22 Dock + 4 monitors). I decided to upgrade to 6.2.0-26 this morning (I don't know why).

Unsurprisingly, 2 out of 4 monitors stopped working.

Then I found this post and started following along. Interestingly, at the "Register the dkms module" step, right before I was about to execute
Code:
sudo dkms add -m evdi -v 1.12.0
everything went black. It seemed the system did a auto-log-out. Then all 4 monitors started working just like before!

Thank you sire!
dunkirk is offline   Reply With Quote