View Single Post
Old 01-28-2022, 09:30 PM   #1
solo-act

Default Screen record permission does not "stick"

In clamshell mode, after logging out, I can wake the clamshelled laptop and external screens turn on to log in (which means the login screen extension is working).

However, after I log in, the screen recording permission that was working perfectly fine, stops working, the screens go black, and I have to open the laptop and re-approve screen record permission. Every fix I can think of does not work.

This is repeatable on Monterey 12.1, intel MacBook Pro 16", with latest 1.6 non-beta software with login screen extension installed, with automatic graphics switching UNCHECKED in system preferences "battery" section, with laptop in clamshell mode, and with 2 external displays connected.

This happens not matter what I do:
I can remove the permission, uninstall DL completely, down load DL, reinstall, add the permission, install the login screen extension, and reboot computer and dock. And I can uncheck and re-check the screen record permission hoping it "sticks" eventually -- it does not.

Process to repeat steps:
Scenario 1:
logout, sleep computer, wake computer, screens wake, login, screens go black, screen record permission is lost, a chime/alert comes from laptop, and when laptop opens alert says permission to screen record needs to be granted. Uncheck and re-check permission (with app quit and restart each time). External displays work until above steps repeated.

Scenario 2:
logout, an hour or two passes, wake up screen, login, external displays go black, screen record permission no longer works, a chime/alert comes from laptop, and when laptop opens alert says permission for screen record needs to be granted. Uncheck and re-check permission (with app quit and restart each time). External displays work until above steps repeated.

Sometimes after the screens go black, I can recycle power on the dock, type a bunch of keys as it boots, and screens come on and permission is somehow sticks again.

This permission not sticking is a real hassle...ANY IDEAS/SOLUTIONS?
solo-act is offline   Reply With Quote