View Single Post
Old 06-22-2018, 05:35 PM   #1
mudpie

Default Unable to install driver

I just got a brand new Asus MB 169B+ monitor for use as a second display at work. I am using Windows 10 Enterprise 64-bit Version 1709 Build 16299.431.
The problem is I am unable to install the monitor driver on my office PC, even though I have received admin rights on that computer.
At first, I tried to launch the software on the included Asus CD - I get the error "The software for DisplayLink Graphics is not supported on this operating system version. Please visit www.displaylink.com for an updated driver." (see attached image "1").
I then tried the installer ver. 8.4 for Win 10 x64 from the Asus website - I get a small window saying "Installing DisplayLink Software for DisplayLink Graphics" with a bar moving for a few seconds (see image "2"), then the small window simply disappears and nothing else happens, the software does not install. I have tried dozens of times with the same result. Exactly the same thing happens with the driver on the DisplayLink website (ver 8.5 M1).
I have attached the relevant screenshots. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (84.1 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (86.5 KB, 1 views)
mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote