View Single Post
Old 12-16-2009, 04:42 PM   #2
aaronpriest

Well, I removed all DisplayLink & ATI drivers and software via add/remove programs and, after a reboot, DriverSweeper to be sure. I then installed ATI's generic 9.11 driver courtesy of DriverHeaven's MobilityModder (instead of HP's own driver). After making sure the HDMI video port still worked, I then proceeded to install DisplayLink's 5.2 driver and saw two more unknown devices with exclamation points under display adapters in device manager before rebooting. I rebooted and Windows still prompts to reboot again to use new hardware (it does this on every boot and adds another unknown device every time). I plugged in the EVGA UV16 DVI adapter and it detected it as EVGA UV Plus+ under USB Display Adapters. Windows is still prompting for a driver for a "Display" and adding more unknown devices with every boot though. So, I don't think the ATI video card driver is the issue, having the exact same results with both HP's driver and ATI's own 9.11 driver (without Catalyst installed). Still waiting for any company to step forward with a suggestion, or perhaps a savvy reader on this forum...