View Single Post
Old 01-20-2017, 03:51 PM   #6
AlbanRampon

Thank you, very useful information as well.
I added a link to this thread in our internal tracking system.

We have asked for next versions of Windows 10 that the GPU being used is the beefiest, not the first. Today, Windows uses the graphics card used at POST (boot). It tends to be the low end one. The choice of graphics card used is down to the graphics kernel mode driver... which we don't have anymore as we have native support.
What is possible as well, but I cannot say for sure, is that the issue with OpenGL support on the Intel graphics for Windows 10 Anniversary Update new graphics subsystem means that the GPU has much more work to do. I do not know.
1080p monitors can be handled by the Intel graphics card. I mean we can drive much more from a laptop as you can see attached.

The CPU in use is under analysis at the moment. We think a few changes in memory management will help... among other changes.
If you are using Optimus on the Windows 10 builds above 10586, then you would be meeting the same issue as your discrete graphics where the Windows kernel mode driver comes first. Optimus is unfortunately an extremely complex stack. It depends on the priority of the adapters. In our old driver architecture, Optimus made all our engineers pull their hairs out. Could it be possible that the nVidia driver you are using are not recent enough to implement the new graphics architecture of the OS?

Kind regards,
Alban
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 6x4Kp60_CES2017.jpg (15.7 KB, 1 views)

Where to download the latest DisplayLink drivers
How to clean up a corrupted installation
How to report issues to DisplayLink for a speedy resolution
AlbanRampon is offline   Reply With Quote